Friday, April 23, 2010

purity


So I was watching this thing on TV earlier about purity rings, and teenagers my age choosing to wear them. It was a pretty interesting topic and got me thinking. These girls and boys said they chose to wear the rings because they wanted to save themselves for marriage, and one girl in particular said something like, "On my wedding night I want to give my purity ring to my husband and say 'Here, I saved this for you'. I want to give him everything I am, everything I've saved for him for years." To me this is a bit silly. Just because you marry the guy doesn't mean that he's going to be The One. What if you get divorced? And you've given everything you are to this one guy, and suddenly you're alone again. Does that mean you don't have anything for yourself, because you gave it all to him? I don't have anything against people choosing to wear purity rings but it's just not the right choice for me, and it never will be. I'm interested in spreading around as much of the Laura joy as possible so that there is a bit of me all over the world. I just don't feel that one guy is special enough to have 'all' of me. I think that I have all of me and it's my decision to give a little bit here and a little bit there, not dump it all on one poor fool. Personally I think I'm a little too much for just one guy to handle, and I'd be doing my future husband a favour by sharing the load with his fellow males.

2 comments:

  1. Boys are so much fun, it seems like such a loss if you only ever play with one your whole life!!!

    Everyone has a right to their own beliefs, don't let anyone take that right away from you lovely!

    ReplyDelete