Monday, October 17, 2011

WIP

Getting back to blogging is something I've had my mind on for a while, I did it for several months last year and it was something I really loved. I have always been a Tumblr girl but Blogger gives me to ability to talk a lot more. Tumblr isn't really the places for lots of rambles and big paragraphs and I'm the kind of person that loves to go on and on, so I think blogging is the way to go.

Lately I've been branching out from my regular blogs that I check daily and I've discovered a whole new world (Aladdin pun, check it) and I'm kind of a little bit obsessed with it. I'm just going to say it, YouTube beauty gurus are my new favourite thing. Elle and Blair Fowler in particular I am loving at the moment.

So I am really loving haul videos, room tours and that kind of stuff. I have never been huge on fashion - Boyfriend teases me constantly about my stance on comfort before fashion - and I have been known to squeal over cosy sweaters before flouncy skirts. However, as I'm getting older I'm finding myself interested in more things. Clothing, for example - I am actually looking forward to dressing myself tomorrow. This is something totally new for me, as usually I just throw on whatever I was wearing last night (this is usually leggings and a grandpa jumper), but I think it is the influence of university that has realised this change.

Uni is stylish. I'm an Arts student, and I cannot even count how many pairs of low-heeled suede boots I have seen in the past week. Every day I am inundated with skater skirts, velvet hairbows, and tights in every colour and pattern imaginable. I used to wander around in my pipe jeans and hoodies and feel ridiculously lazy, but lately I've actually been trying and the change is remarkable. I don't think its shallow to feel better when you look prettier. It's just about feeling good about how you look.

So I guess this is an experiment to challenge myself a little bit more. This blog will mostly consist of my thoughts and certain 'pieces' on topics, but it's also a space where I can document my growth in the area of fashion and beauty.

My ability with liquid eyeliner is something to be rivalled, but that's really the only skill I possess in this area. Hopefully I will learn, and you guys will hopefully learn with me along the way.

Here's to something more than cat eyes!

x L

1 comment:

  1. I agree that uni is a bit of a fashion parade, but I think you can either be intimidated by it or have fun with it :) Work is way more boring, so take advantage of the ability to express yourself!!

    I'm running a giveaway over at my blog and would love you to enter: Jewellery pack giveaway xox

    ReplyDelete