Wednesday, June 2, 2010

something to think about


Do you know what my advice is? You should always choose at least one History class throughout high school. Year 11 History was my favourite class, and part of that was because of my awesomely hilarious teacher, but the other part was that I loved the subject. Nazi Germany - fuck yeah. It was awesome. I mean, you know, the things that happened weren't. They were horrible, and the more I learnt the more I was horrified. But the subject was delicious. Every book I read, every new fact I memorised, made me more interested in learning about history. And not just the history of my country - Australian history is kind of blah - but the world's history. This planet is around 4.54 billon years old (I just Googled that) and so much stuff has happened. We are but a blip on the radar. Everything you think is important, everything that you think matters; doesn't. So stop worrying about the mark you're going to get on your maths test or whether you really like this person or what your parents are going to say when they find out. In ten years it's not going to matter, in twenty no-one will remember, and in a billion (if the planet is still around) your race might even be extinct.
Something to think about.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I chose Modern History. Pretty sure its the boss of all history subjects at our school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def agree with you there. Although my year 10 ancient history class rocked. But modern history is definitely more fun =)

    ReplyDelete